Most of us want to leave 2020 firmly in the rear view mirror. Rather than hitting you with a full Year in Review blog post, we'll give you brief rundown of what we got up to in the weirdest year in recent memory...
The Paperclip community
- We managed to grow our userbase 2.5x, from 100,000 to 250,000 users!
- Our university presence grew 4x from 42 to 168 universities.
- 2020 saw a record number of transactions across our public, student and enterprise marketplaces.
- Our Digital Welcome Pack for university freshers and returning students was launched. Here worked huge brands such as Wilko, tastecard, Amazon Prime, Perlego and Ola to provide real value to our student userbase.
- We gave away hundreds of freebies, shopping vouchers and even a brand new PlayStation 5 to our beloved trading community!
- Payments was released, enabling our users to buy and sell securely with online payments, the next step in our plan to add delivery and rental services...
- Our homepage got a makeover and made upgrades to our buying, selling and messaging user experience.
- We consolidated all of our university marketplaces onto a single marketplace, enabling students from any university to buy and sell with students at any other university and the wider public
Behind the scenes
- We we're listed as number 34 in BusinessCloud's top 100 eCommerce Trailblazers.
- We brought onboard some key advisory talent and investors with a successful investment round.
- And finally, Keith Parkman (COO) and Millie Bowie (Designer) joined us full time, providing fantastic marketing, design and commercial sales talent and experience with them...
Despite some real progress in a number of areas, rest assured that we're just as keen to see the back of 2020 as you are.
Thanks for checking out our Year in Review and here's to a happy and healthy 2021!
Keep up with the latest news from Paperclip HQ, follow us on Twitter here.