What is it about a map that we love so much? When ever we are given an address, location, or postcode we feel we have to google its location to see exactly where it is on the map in relation to where we are. We have this urge to be able to say 'Oh, I know where that is' or 'That's not too far away', it provides us with a level of confidence as we are able to see where something/someone is located, which makes it seem more real.
We are not saying this is a bad thing, we see this as a necessity with most social interactions having an element of location included: 'What club we hitting tonight?', 'Where the f*ck are you, I've been waiting for 30 minutes', 'Where you from?', 'Meet you at the BP on London Road' or 'Rich Woolley has checked into Pure, Cardiff'.
Over the past few months we have been working with our users to find out what functionality they want to see in Paperclip. The number one thing users said they would love to see is a map view of the items, so they are able to browse a map and see items and their exact location. HOWEVER, they also said they wanted to be able to browse items the traditional way, which started to make us wish we never spoke to them or made this app in the first place. Saner heads prevailed and we got down to the design and development and what we have produced we know your are going to love.
As of January 2016 Paperclip's latest update now includes 'Map View'!
The traditional item browsing functionality is still the default view but all you have to do now is to click the icon on the right whilst you are browsing items and it will take you to our sexy map view of those items.......its that simple!
Map view will enhance your user experience and make trading those unwanted items easier, faster, and more interactive. Below are our 5 top reasons why:
- You can now view exactly where items are locally rather than just being told they are within 5 miles of you
- Provides you with the confidence that the item is real
- Will make the trade even easier as you will know where you need to go to exchange the items or you can select a location which is more convenient for both parties
- It will show you if a user has multiple items which you can quickly preview whilst in map view
- If you are going to be in a different location on a given day, you can now browse that location to see if there are any items you would like to trade for prior to visiting
These are just some of the improvements map view will make to your Paperclip experience but please do let us know what you think of it and if you have any improvements you would like to see, just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and lets get trading!